Druid’s artist residency programme, FUEL, was initiated in 2014 as a means of offering support to artists developing new work.
Applying to FUEL
FUEL submissions for 2017 closed on 29th August. Please check back in July 2018 to see when we are next taking applications.
FUEL began in 2014 and has expanded to a nine-month programme in response to artists’ need for a greater commitment to the development process. In three years of FUEL, five full productions have emerged and many more continue to be developed.
We are looking for ambitious, original artists who have the drive to bring their work to fruition and the desire to develop their creative practice.
FUEL 2017 offers a nine-month programme run by Druid and based in the Mick Lally Theatre, Galway. Our programme will respond to the needs of selected artists but broadly speaking, we will offer:
- Workshops with theatre professionals
- Development and rehearsal periods in the Mick Lally Theatre
- Engagement with Druid’s artistic programme through attendance at rehearsals, meetings with Ensemble members and invitations to events
- The opportunity to showcase your work at The Mick Lally Theatre
- Advice and support from Druid staff on producing, finance, marketing and touring
- Assistance with funding and festival applications
- A fee for each contact-day of the programme, eg: workshops, development periods etc (in the region of €2,000 per successful applicant)