Druid is a writers’ theatre with a track record for premiering new plays of international stature.
Druid has introduced to the theatre writers who have gone on to gain outstanding reputations among Irish and international audiences, including Martin McDonagh, Owen McCafferty, Vincent Woods, Abbie Spallen, Gerald Murphy, Christian O’Reilly and Lucy Caldwell. The company has also premiered new plays from writers entering into a highly acclaimed mid-career phase, among whom are Enda Walsh, Marina Carr and Stuart Carolan. Druid has achieved some of its greatest successes when working with Tom Murphy, among the most influential living Irish playwrights.
The company has premiered many productions which took the theatre world by storm, among them:
- Conversations on a Homecoming by Tom Murphy
- Bailegangaire by Tom Murphy
- The Beauty Queen of Leenane by Martin McDonagh
- The Cripple of Inishmann by Martin McDonagh
- The Walworth Farce by Enda Walsh
- The New Electric Ballroom by Enda Walsh
- My Brilliant Divorce by Geraldine Aaron