Guidelines for submitting a script
Please refer to the guidelines below and should you have any further questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Submit your script by email only to email@example.com.
· Submit only one script per email.
· Submit original work only.
· Submit only those plays that have not had a full professional or amateur production. In this light, plays emerging from student productions or from a reading/workshop will be accepted.
· Writers whose work has previously been produced by amateur theatre companies are asked to submit only those plays that are not currently intended for production.
· Druid is not in a position to accept radio scripts, TV scripts or screenplays.
· Druid is not in a position to accept one-act plays, musicals or plays for children.
· Scripts must be submitted as a finished draft (see Formatting Guidelines below) and will be assessed on that understanding. Synopses or treatments are accepted if submitted with an accompanying complete script.
· Scripts should be typed on A4 with pages numbered
· Please ensure you check the spelling in your script thoroughly
· Font size should not be lower than 12pt
· Stage directions must be in italics
· Character names must be in capital letters
· Please save your file in one of the following formats:
· Your name and contact details should appear once only, on the title page. This ensures anonymity for the reader.
· A cover letter should accompany your play giving your contact details, an email address, a brief description of the play and a brief overview of your writing to date (1 – 2 pages).