Join the Druid Team: Associate Producer Required
Druid has an opening for an Associate Producer to join our busy team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work with us across all productions and events in Galway and on tour in Ireland and abroad.
About the Role
The Associate Producer is an integral part of the Druid team, and is across all areas of the company’s work. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our small but international organisation, producing world-class theatre with passion and flair.
As Associate Producer, you will line produce all of our events. You will work with the Artistic Director on plans and ideas, the Head of Operations and Development on operations and strategy, the Production Manager on logistics and budgets and the Company Manager on scheduling, reporting and day-to-day activities.
Who We Are
Druid is Ireland’s premier touring theatre company. We produce award-winning theatre at home and abroad, touring regularly to prestigious national and international venues and festivals. We have performed on roadsides, in iron age forts, in castles and bars and on grand stages across three continents, with the finest national and international talent.
In the coming months Druid will:
- Premiere two plays at Galway International Arts Festival – Furniture by Sonya Kelly and Shelter by Cristín Kehoe - which will play in repertory at the Mick Lally Theatre
- Produce two Druid Debuts at the Mick Lally Theatre
- Tour our acclaimed production of Waiting for Godot to Edinburgh International Festival and beyond
- Present DruidShakespeare: Richard III in association with the Abbey Theatre, following on from our award-winning DruidShakespeare 2015
- Continue to develop Middle Island, an ambitious outdoor performance for Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture.
Who You Are
- You are dynamic and enjoy working across a range of projects at once.
- You can manage people as well as figures.
- You can solve problems and put plans into action.
- You work well under pressure and are organised and focussed.
- You have a passion for theatre and the arts and strive for professionalism in all that you do.
- You enjoy working at the heart of theatre, on ambitious international projects, with a small but highly motivated team of professionals.
Associate Producer Duties:
- Line produce all Druid productions ensuring that the highest standard of management is in place from pre-production planning to post-production.
- Ensure that all productions and events are delivered on schedule and within budget, in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- Manage payment schedules and similar financial activities, alongside the finance office.
- Manage logistical and scheduling matters for the company, alongside the Production Manager.
- Manage the recruitment and contracting of crew for Druid productions.
- Work alongside the Artistic Director across creative matters as required.
- Manage the casting and identification of the creative team for the Druid Debut series.
- Manage the internship programme with NUI Galway.
- Assist in the management of all other Druid events, including but not limited to, opening nights and special events.
- Act as official representative for the company when required.
- Other activities relating to productions and events, as required.
Associate Producer Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in production in theatre / events.
- Excellent working knowledge of theatre / the arts.
- Excellent organisation, communication and IT skills.
- Strong ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent track record of managing finances and schedules.
- Excellent team management skills.
Place of work is Druid, Flood Street, Galway but national and international touring will be required
How to Apply
Please apply to recruitment[at]druid.ie with your CV and a succinct cover letter by noon on Friday 15th June 2018.
Interviews will take place in Galway on week beginning 25th June.
Salary commensurate with experience.