Furniture is a lighthearted new piece about perceptions and possessions. Told through the lives of six individuals, this fresh comedy looks at how the things we own shape our worldview and even ourselves.
In an age of rampant consumerism, is it easier to purchase symbols of identity rather than cultivate our own? Written by Sonya Kelly (The Wheelchair on my Face; How to Keep an Alien), Furniture is a humorous, insightful, touching and often philosophical look at who we are and how we'd like to be perceived.
'Furniture is not sentimental. You can love it, but it won't remember who you are.'
Furniture is part of Druid's season of new writing at the Mick Lally Theatre at Galway International Arts Festival 2018. It will be performed in repertory with Shelter by Cristín Kehoe. Two Druid Debuts will also be presented at the festival on Friday 20th & Friday 27th July.
Furniture was read as a Druid Debut in 2017.
- George Niall Buggy
- Ed Peter Campion
- Michael Garrett Lombard
- Alex Clare Monnelly
- Dee Rebecca O'Mara
- Stef Aisling O'Sullivan
- Writer Sonya Kelly
- Director Cathal Cleary
- Designer Francis O'Connor
- Lighting Designer Sinead McKenna
- Sound Designer Greg Clarke
- Company Stage Manager Jean Hally
- Deputy Stage Manager Bronagh Doherty
- Assistant Stage Managers Mary Kilduff, Martina Kavanagh
- Costume Supervisor Doreen McKenna
- Costume Assistant Jingyi Zhang
- Hair and Make-Up Val Sherlock
- Master Carpenters Gus Dewar, Peter Nelson
- Carpenters Tony O'Reilly, Des Burke
- Chief Electrician Shannon Light
- Technicians Richard Curwood, Sarah Timmins, Blue Hanley
- Scenic Artist Rachel Towey
- Scenic Painter Gill Christie, Michelle Simon
- Casting Craig Flaherty
- Movement Consultant Bryan Burroughs