Shelter is a portrait of life on the edge. It is at turns brutal, touching and witty in its portrayal of those whose lives are washed over in the name of progress.
Fus is front page news but not all news is good. He is hiding out in a disused warehouse when he learns that Tommy has lost his job and their hideaway is under threat. As friends trickle through the building, they drink, dance, row and reminisce while the clock counts down.
‘We’re meant to be in here, we own this place. We’re the sons of Ireland and I don’t care what anybody says.’
Shelter is part of Druid's season of new writing at the Mick Lally Theatre at Galway International Arts Festival 2018. It will be performed in repertory with Furniture by Sonya Kelly. Two Druid Debuts will also be presented at the festival on Friday 20th & Friday 27th July.
Shelter was read as a Druid Debut in 2016.
- Bren Brendan Conroy
- Angela Rebecca Guinnane
- Tomas Mark Huberman
- Majella Lauren Larkin
- Fus Aaron Monaghan
- Tommy Rory Nolan
- Writer Cristín Kehoe
- Director Oonagh Murphy
- Designer Francis O'Connor
- Lighting Designer Sinead McKenna
- Sound Designer Greg Clarke
- Company Stage Manager Jean Hally
- Deputy Stage Manager Sara Gannon
- Assistant Stage Managers Mary Kilduff, Martina Kavanagh
- Costume Supervisor Doreen McKenna
- Costume Assistant Jingyi Zhang
- Hair and Make-Up Val Sherlock
- Master Carpenters Gus Dewar, Peter Nelson
- Carpenters Tony O'Reilly, Des Burke
- Chief Electrician Shannon Light
- Technicians Richard Curwood, Sarah Timmins, Blue Hanley
- Scenic Artist Rachel Towey
- Scenic Painter Gill Christie, Michelle Simon
- Casting Craig Flaherty
- Movement Consultant Bryan Burroughs