Marie Mullen Bursary
Applications for the Marie Mullen Bursary 2018 have now closed.
Druid is delighted to announce the inaugural Marie Mullen Bursary, open to female theatre artists working on the island of Ireland in the fields of design, directing and dramaturgy. The bursary is run alongside our other programmes: New writing (playwrights) and FUEL (theatre makers based in the west of Ireland).
Named after actor and Druid co-founder, Marie Mullen, the award is intended to address the historic imbalance of female representation in theatre and to support the professional development of women in Irish theatre. The Bursary is open to female dramaturgs, directors and designers who have a proven commitment to Irish theatre.
There will be one recipient of the Marie Mullen Theatre Bursary in 2018. The selected applicant will receive:
- A minimum 4 week residency as Associate Artist with Druid on a company production (autumn 2018)
- One to one session with Marie Mullen on working in the theatre industry
- Mentoring opportunities with theatre professionals
- For directors/dramturgs: a contract to direct/dramaturg a Druid Debut
- Opportunity to engage with the Druid Ensemble in relation to a specific project
- Opportunity to attend FUEL and Druid Academy workshops and events
- A bursary award of €2,000
Who Can Apply
- Female artists must apply within the submission window (see below) via an online application only
- Applicants must provide two references from an industry professional familiar with their work
- Applicants must include a CV outlining recent work
- Applicants must currently reside on the island of Ireland
- Applicants must be free to take up a placement during August - September 2018
How To Apply
- Applications will be accepted from noon (GMT) 8th March until noon (GMT) 27th April 2018
- Applications will be acknowledged by email
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
A selection panel of industry professionals will determine a shortlist of applicants for interviews.
Interviews will take place between 10th and 22nd of May 2018.
The selected applicant will be notified by 25th May 2018.
The Marie Mullen Bursary is kindly supported by Penny Jackson and Thomas Campbell Jackson.