FUEL is a nine-month artist residency programme run by Druid, based in The Mick Lally Theatre, Galway. The programme is open to theatre-makers based in the West of Ireland, with an original idea that is ready to be developed.
The FUEL programme is a response to artists’ need for a greater commitment to the creative development process.
We are looking for ambitious artists who have the drive to bring their work to fruition and the desire to develop their creative practice.
FUEL offers a nine-month programme that responds to the specific needs of each year's selected artists but broadly speaking we offer:
- Workshops with theatre professionals
- Development and rehearsal periods in The Mick Lally Theatre
- Engagement with Druid’s artistic programme through attendance at rehearsals, meetings with Ensemble members and invitations to events
- The opportunity to showcase work at The Mick Lally Theatre
- Advice and support from Druid staff on producing, finance, marketing and touring
- Assistance with funding and festival applications
- A fee for each contact-day of the programme (workshops, development periods, etc) which amounts to a total fee in the region of €2,000 per successful applicant
- Tickets to select productions in The Mick Lally Theatre and elsewhere in Ireland
- FUEL is open to playwrights, directors and theatremakers
- Applicants must identify a creative team (actors, director, dramaturg etc. as required) that they can call on to develop their project
- Applicants must be based in either Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Clare, Longford, Leitrim or Sligo (A utility bill will be required as a proof of address for all successful applicants)
- Applicants must be available to attend workshops, residencies and events pertaining to the FUEL programme, between December 2021 and August 2022
- Applicants must have a fleshed-out, original idea or a draft script ready for development
- Applicants must demonstrate: commitment to theatre/performance; ability to work independently; experience of creating theatre; understanding of the FUEL programme; a desire to advance their practice
Applying to FUEL
Applications for FUEL 2022-2023 will open in late 2022.
If you have a query, please email Síomha Nee, FUEL Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUEL is supported by the Arts Council, Kumi & Bill Martin, Jim & Lori Steinberg and FinanceBoston.